Your Spiegel 60609 comes with an auto-threading feature and it makes the threading process very easy. Here are some tips on how to make the learning process easier.
- Lower the presser foot for more room
- Ensure that the needle is at it's highest position
- The white auto-threader lever on the left side of the needle needs to be pushed down and while in its lowest position you will notice the mechanism will slide to the right.
- As seen in the below photos, the thread needs to feed under the metal guide on the left of the auto-threader and then below the forks that hug the needle.
- While holding the thread in your right hand bring it up and towards the rear of the machine. Slowly release pressure on the lever allowing the mechanism to retract. The small hook will draw the thread through the eye of the needle.